Hot Fun in the Summertime (or something)
It’s summertime, we’re featuring our new chili page on the front of the wiki and barbecue season is in full swing. Given the recent anniversary and the fact that I haven’t done it in a while I figured it was time for a giveaway.
Most of the gws regulars probably know about the silly GoonsWithSpoons logo stickers I had made up to launch the wiki what is crazily enough TWO YEARS AGO now. Well I finally found the package of them hiding in the back of my desk after an overzealous cleanup and it’s time to pass the um… findings? on to you, our loyal contributors.
We have a variety of sizes and colours up for grabs and I’m going to send out a whole bunch at the end of the summer.
“How do I get one” you ask?
It’s simple! Just contribute by doing one of the following!
- Contribute a new recipe, anything you put on SA takes at most an extra 7.35 minutes to post in wiki form too, less once you get the hang of it.
- Contribute (or significantly) update/rewrite an old non-recipe guide such as cookware, wine, basic cooking techniques etc… (questions? just ask)
- Help finish transferring over the recipes from GBS food by following one of the links in this category where at last count we still have over 200 recipes that need to be moved.
- Have Archives Access? Go back and convert old recipes from the forum into wiki format. I’m particularly interested in old ICSA entries but anything that looks interesting is great.
The Contributing Page is your guide to everything you need to know to get started with the wiki. Once you wrap your brain around it it’s really just like using an old fashioned word processor. Once you do it once or twice, writing a post that works on both the forums and the wiki is quick and simple.
If you have questions about contributing feel free to pm me or post in the wiki upkeep thread, people will generally answer your questions fast.
I will do my best to include all entries, but it’s kind of hard to see what’s a new recipe or a major update vs what’s an error correction, so if possible please either keep an up to date post in this thread with your contributions or send me an email at Toast @ the wiki URL with the links (sending a roundup one is preferred rather than one for each entry or one a week or whatever). If your wiki name does not match your SA name please make sure I know who you are.
Get to the giveaways…
Do any of the above (or anything else you can convince me is of great service to the wiki) and get one (1) entry into the draw. There is no limit to the number of entries you can get.
Note:I reserve the right to be a tyrant and tell you to piss off if you tell me adding a two sentence paragraph to a large article constitutes an entry. Ditto for recipes that are like “Put macaroni in boiling water, strain and add sauce.”
Prizes will include (but are not limited to):
- $20 Dollar Gift Card for Amazon or equivalent or Forum Upgrade GC for Toast’s favorite recipe posted this summer
- $10 Dollar Gift Card for Amazon or equivalent or Forum Upgrade GC randomly drawn from all entrants.
- other GC’s/prizes possible depending on participation level.
- STICKERS for a large portion of the remaining entrants, again based on participation level. I have large and small ones in various colours and those who respond first to my winners post will get their choice
DEADLINE:I’m heading to Cornwall for august, so at some point when I get back around the beginning of September I’ll cut off the contest and hand out a ton of prizes (likely ~Sept 1st). This may include anything fun I bring back from England for those purposes.
The stickers themselves are awesome vinyl doodads from Stormrider over in SA-Mart. The little one on my Tercel outlasted the poor car with no fading (perhaps it magically protected that window from breaking in the accident too?) and I wholeheartedly recommend his products. This thing lasted two years outside through the baking summers and -40 salty winters of Winnipeg.
This is open to non SA forum members too…